Saturday, June 21, 2008

Real American Villian

Okay you guys, Cobra Commander is done! He was especially hard to make, because there are so many different versions of him that it was really hard to choose which features we would replicate and which ones we wouldn't. Anyway, here is what we came up with!
He's so cute! But evil, remember, evil. Anyway, I was reading up on Cobra Commander on Wikipedia and the story they have for him is pretty amusing (I never knew anything about G.I. Joe before I made this guy). For instance, did you know that Cobra Commander has a son named Billy? And that he also took over a town called Springfield using a series of pyramid schemes? Ha ha ha, I thought it was hilarious.

Alright, anyway! Here are more pics.


This is a close-up of his arm, and his little gold braid.


I really like his belt for some reason. I think it's super sharp.
Oh noes! He is de-masked, his secret identity is revealed. Oh, it's just some bald dude, never mind.

Anyway, that's all for now! We're not really working on anything else right now, so maybe we'll have time to finish Batman. Or maybe the boyfriend can get started on Iron Man, I don't know. I'll keep you guys updated though!

3 comments:

amber said...

When the boyfriend saw this his immediate response was "I want one, I want one" which is pretty high praise for anything crocheted. So I'm passing on his messsage that you're Cobra Commander is awesome. I'll definately have to keep this in mind later when I'm trying to come up with Christmas gifts for him. Great work, as always!

ninjahq said...

Man, your toys are simply brilliant! I've signed up for your RSS feed to keep an eye on your creations!

Celeste said...

Hi! I just wanted to let you know I featured this in my weekly column on Fandomania:

Fandomestic: 5 Cobra Command Crafts