Sunday, January 24, 2010

George Orwell Accessories

I know 'Orwell' and 'handbags' don't usually go together, but check out these awesome clutches! They are based on George Orwell's "Animal Farm", and I know it's been a while since I've read it but I'm pretty sure there were no penguins in that book. Because if there were it would be ten thousand times more awesome. I like the whole concept though, and the clutches are really adorable! Check them out.



I love the platypus! Did you know that platypuses are awesome? The males have venomous spurs on their back flippers, and the venom is powerful enough to kill dogs. And they hunt using echolocation--the only mammals known to do so. Anyway, I think they are cool.

This little piggy is the only animal that really screams "Animal Farm" to me, but he is really cute! All of these little guys are (or were, at least) available at TsuruBride's shop on etsy. They are a little pricey for me, especially for a clutch--which I consider to be impractical--but I still love them. Especially the penguin. So cute! Maybe I need to learn how to sew leather. Anyway, stay tuned!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Platypi are Marsupials.. not mammals. So in addition to all those cool things, they also have pouches!!