Monday, May 23, 2011

More house stuff, now with 100% more dinosaurs!

So, remember how I was saying that Olly Moss totally ripped off my idea for a neato silhouette wall?  Well, it's not technically true BUT boyfriend and I also have some silhouettes up in our house.  While ours may not be as classy as John Mcclane or GOB and Franklin, we have fancy dinosaurs, so yeah.

 We made this dinosaur silhouette wall in our tiny purple hallway.  Now, there's no room in here to even have one tiny piece of furniture, so I thought that we could really go all out with the decor.  I bought the frames off of etsy in the vintage section.  I really didn't even plan what sizes I bought, I just bought anything that was gold and frilly.  Of course, the T-Rex had to go in the biggest frame, because he is the biggest dandy.
The photo is at an angle because of the stupid glare, not because it is wonky.  Anyway, here's a closeup of the T-Rex.  I like his teeth.  It looks like he's smiling.  And his tiny little hands.  The background on the T-Rex is some white wrapping paper we had left over from Christmas.  All of the other pictures are white cardstock.

Boyfriend and I sort of let the frames decide what went in them.  Like so:
 Matching frames for a dinosaur couple.  I actually really like the lady velociraptor's hat.  Very chic.
 And here's a closeup of the other dinosaurs.  I really, really like the brontosaurus, who has his head in one frame and his tail in the other.  Not all of the dinosaurs are fancy like the T-rex and velociraptors, and that was for a couple of reasons.  One, we didn't want to overdo it.  Too many top hats and monocles might have been a little silly.  Second, some of these frames are really tiny, and any details would be lost.  I think they turned out great, though.  Do you think we are missing any?  Maybe a dilophosaurus with a neck ruffle, like Shakespeare?  Or something better? Let me know what you think!

Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Amber said...

!!!! I love this! I may have to steal your idea as well. This is one of the greatest things I've seen in a while. Good show :)

Michal said...

This is the coolest thing I have seen! I love it. I just might have to do this as well, hmmmm......

Nikki Resendes said...

Ahaha, I don't think I've actually seem those! They are great :)

Anonymous said...

If you ever want to make some more of these and sell them on etsy, please let me know and I will buy all of them.

My house needs many more dinosaurs before it's finished.

Amanda said...

Do you sell this file? Id like to print it for my sons room :)