Monday, March 2, 2009

Lots of Random Information!

All right, you guys may be wondering why it's so quiet over here. No, it's not because I'm lazy (mostly). First of all, we started a new store!

It's called "Portrait of a Penguin" (or PoPArt) and we are selling prints of some very cute little penguins. Each one comes with his or her own story about how they fit into the history of the Kingdom of Byrd.

And I started a new blog written by a penguin traveler named Drake Cook.

It's a first person narrative about Drake's adventures in Antarctica and his exploration of the ruins of the Kingdom of Byrd. Hopefully it will be very interesting and funny, so please feel free to drop by and let me know what you think!

Lastly, to contribute to the complete randomness and off-topicness of this post, I have a very interesting little story by George Orwell about working in a used bookstore. If you ever have, or ever thought about, working in a used bookstore, or even if you just think George Orwell is awesome, you should give it a read. I wonder what Mr. Orwell would think of the teenagers now coming into the used bookstores, asking "Hey, do you have that nineteen-eighty-whatever book by that dude?" I bet he would think it was funny.

Anyway, back to real posts soon, I swear! I found some awesome Firefly stuff I'm going to be posting next time, so stay tuned!

5 comments:

Machiavelli's Daughter said...

I can't wait to follow the story!

Debbie Barr said...

If you haven't seen this already:

http://www.fredflare.com/customer/product.php?productid=4255&cat=108#

Geek Central Station said...

@Nerd Goddess:
Bah! I have seen it! I want it so badly, I just can't justify $65 for a backpack that I probably would never have enough courage to wear. I can wear my R2D2 beanie, and that's about it, even though everyone thinks I'm an uber nerd anyway so it probably wouldn't even matter.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I could definitely imagine you writing the Orwell piece, lol.

Nikki Resendes said...

Thought I would let you know that I have a friend on facebook that subscribed to the feed on Drake Cook's journal! She loves it :)