Sunday, March 22, 2009

Get me a beer!

Hey everyone! In the spirit of recycling and reusing everyday trash objects...oh who am I kidding, I don't care. Check out this cute little r2d2!
Aw, it almost makes me want to buy beer so I can throw away the beer and make a small army of these guys. All of the parts seem to be made from scavenged materials, but they don't really seem to be easily accessible materials. For example, the eye is made from a vintage camera lens.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy him! It's always a good time to share R2D2. Stay tuned!

via Make.

5 comments:

Machiavelli's Daughter said...

You find the BEST stuff!

June (planetjune) said...

That is so cool!

Unknown said...

That is really impressive, but looking at the list of materials it's actually made from a 4.7 liter keg, so it's "life" size! Seems even more impressive that way.

Geek Central Station said...

@Ted, that is more impressive! I wish I could see something with it for scale. Also, that rules out my dream of a tiny mechanical beer2d2 army, but I'm sure someone can come up with a tiny version, right?

Melanie said...

Oh frig, that's cute!