Saturday, April 26, 2008

Lord of the Rings custom orders

I wanted to share with you guys the two custom orders we just finished. They are SO COOL.
It's the Witch King of Angmar! He's so evil, yet so cute at the same time. Okay, maybe more evil than cute. We didn't want to make the sword look corny and like it is on fire, so it is tinged red to make it sort of firey looking.
That's right, he has a mace too. The pictures don't really show it, but his coat is all tattered and ratty looking, and he has little spikes on the back of his arms. He is really super cool, he turned out really awesomely. We were worried about how his face armor was going to turn out, but it is so cool and so spikey. (I'm still a little excited about finishing him, so I'm not very coherent in my thoughts yet).

And our other creation:
King Aragorn! I love the tree of Gondor, so any little guy with the tree on his armor is all right in my book. I think Aragorn turned out really well though. He has a lot of painting done on his coat.

The silver stuff on his arms is supposed to be chain mail (I hope you can tell). I just crocheted it out of silver thread. I like the effect it gives, rather than just using silver yarn. He also has shoulder armor on:
Ah! He turned out super cute. The eye placement is really important when you make amigurumi dudes, and his eyes turned out really well. If you don't place them correctly, you can end up with slightly retarded looking amigurumis.

Anyway, I hope you guys like this latest batch! I'm really happy with how they turned out. I'm working on some more custom orders right now, but I also finished some more dudes to put up in the shop. I'm really excited about the new custom orders too though, I'm not sure with how they'll turn out but I am super excited to work on them.

Hope you guys enjoyed!

PHOTO OP:
Poor Frodo!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

These are absolutely WONDERFUL! The crocheted base is fairly simple in itself (I've been looking at the free patterns you've given, for which I am eternally grateful), but with the felt clothes and all the armour, the look so lovely! Just a couple of questions, if you'd be so kind, so I can make a World of Warcraft related one for a friend:

1) in the pattern, I'm confused on pretty much the first step ^_^;; When you say for "rows 2-5 (sc in next 1 st, 2 sc in next st) until end of row", do you mean just "1sc in 1 st, 2 sc in 1 st" one after another until you've done 4 rows, or start on a "1 sc in 1 st" on each row? Because if you do that, it comes out odd: 6 st, 9 st, 13 st...

I hope this is clear, I don't know how best to say it =/ I mean, once you have 9 sts, the two steps won't fit, because you have an odd number of stitches to fit them in.

2. What do you make the armour and accesories out of? They're gorgeous!!

Thanks so much :) I'd be really grateful if you could give me some advice!

Geek Central Station said...

Hi! Thanks for the comments.

I've actually fixed the patterns, so that they are correct now as far as number of stitches go. However, when I make them, I usually just go (sc in next st, 2 sc in next st) for four rows, and I don't really count each row. But for those who do count, I fixed it! (I hope it's a little easier to read!)

As far as the accessories go, most of them are made out of sculpey. My boyfriend makes them, so I can't really give any advice on how to do it, but he's pretty good now just from practicing a lot. All of the clothes are made out of felt.

I hope that helps!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much! I'm sorry if I came across as a pattern pedant - it's not that, it's just I'm high and dry without patterns ^_^;; Now with these ammendments, I can really get cracking! I can only hope my attempts turn out half as awesome as your wonderful creations :)

I'm done now ^_^;; Many thanks

Anonymous said...

Those are amazing! Every time I visit you, I drool over your awesome work. I love the Witch King! So evil and yet so cute... Just like you said. And Aragorn's tree of Gondor is so intricate and beautiful. Well done! Poor Frodo... Good thing there is more to that Hobbit than meets the eye!

Anonymous said...

Darn it. I clicked publish before I was done. Anyway, thanks for sharing your talents. And kudos to the sculpey expert!

Anonymous said...

SO GREAT!! I felt compelled to tell you that they are just awesome, but I don't know what else to say beyond, very very cool!

Geek Central Station said...

Thanks guys! I think the Lord of the Rings characters are the most fun to make.

Anonymous said...

I'm actually IN LOVE with your Witch King! It's beyond awesome! Amazing work!

color the coast said...

Do you have any of these LOTR items for sale? Are you taking custom orders on the Aragorn- he is amazing and I would love to buy one if you do.