Tuesday, April 15, 2008

We named the dog Indiana!

Alright, so it wasn't much of a teaser (too obvious, it'll be harder next time, bwahaha!) so here are the finished pics of him. I think he is SO cute.

Ah! Isn't he adorable? The boy made all of the accessories, as usual, the holy grail, magic stones, and the golden idol (did you guys realize that the guy that took the golden idol from Indy, and then got a spear through the head, was Alfred Molina? No one believed me!) and I made the whip. I was most worried about his hat, but I think it turned out great.

I wanted his undershirt to only have one arm, unfortunately I'm not sure the felt looks distressed enough. I KNOW that his shirt isn't open enough, I wanted him to be kind of risque, but the boy told me to sew it down so it doesn't flap too much. But he still turned out so cute! He looks like he's been in a really tough, yet clean, fight.

We didn't make his gun, because we thought it would clutter up the whole look too much. I think he looks great the way he is, though. I made up a new method for the hair, so it can be cut shorter, and I think it turned out really well.

It looks like he doesn't have a hand, but he really does. Anyway, let me know what you think, if anyone's out there!

13 comments:

ms. tea said...

brilliant! care to fill us in on the new hair method?

Holly said...

Oh, man, this is my favorite so far. I may have to make one for my Dad, who is Indiana Jones (...if Indiana Jones were a Brooklyn-born contractor and carpenter). :)

e rega said...

awww, this is so incredibly adorable. I love little Indy.

Jan Scholl said...

I think nrxt we need Salah. I hope he has a cameo in the new movie.

Geek Central Station said...

Unfortunately Jan, I don't think Sallah will be in the next movie. IMDB says he's busy working on Anaconda 3 and 4 (there was a 2?!) so maybe he's too busy. Boo.

I might post some pics of how the hair is done later--maybe a mini-tutorial type of thing.

Handi Dandi Mandi said...

Oh, he's so cute! We're big fans of Indy here (and Star Wars and LOTR and all things GEEK!) and the hubby pointed out Alfred Molina to me too and sure enough, THERE he was!

amber said...

There's a weird hole in my pop culture upbringing in that I've never seen the Indiana Jones movies all the way through. I promise I'll fix this before the new movie comes out.

Regardless, I think Indie here looks great! Really love all the detail and work that went into his costume and accessories. That jacket looks like it would be a great design for many different amigurumi characters.

As usual, you two are awesome! Add me to the list of people who would love a hair tutorial!

Anonymous said...

EEEEEEEE!!!! Omigod! His little shirt is even missing a sleeve! Cutest. Thing. Ever.

Carol Browne said...

You are a genius. I love him. Good one. Will be waiting for the pattern for sure. One thing though, this next Indiana Jones movie? I'm not so sure how that's going to work with such a "mature" Indiana. Know what I mean?

Geek Central Station said...

"I'm not so sure how that's going to work with such a "mature" Indiana. Know what I mean?"

Ha ha, I was thinking the same thing. The boy thinks the new movie is going to be awesome, but all I can think is "isn't Harrison Ford, like, 60? And excuse me, but Shia LeBouf is no Harrison Ford by any stretch of the imagination."

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! I love Indiana Jones and am so excited to see the new one! Harrison Ford said the costume still fits. And my kids think Indiana Jones is some cool NEW thing! Makes me feel so old... I'm linking to this from my blog, too. It's too cool not to share with geeks all over the place! Ok if I show the photo with a credit and link back here? I found you via craftzine blog, by the way. :-)

Anonymous said...

Am I right in thinking that you make custom orders? Please can you tell me how to order these - my email is leon_the_iguana@hotmail.com and I have Paypal. If you are still taking custom orders, please Please let me know how I can order and Indiana Jones from you. Many thanks.
Leon

S.Maxcey said...

How did you make the vest and hat for Indy? Well actually all the accessories. Do you have a pattern?
Thanks.