Friday, April 25, 2008

Legend of Zelda crafts

I've been posting so much stuff that I've been doing lately, that I haven't had time to post other cool stuff that's out there! So today I'm going to post some awesome Zelda related crafts. I'll put out a disclaimer: I'm not the world's hugest Zelda fan. In fact, I only like Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass (although I CANNOT and WILL NOT go through that stupid Temple of the Ocean King one more time! I seriously won't!) even though my boyfriend claims that Ocarina is the best game ever (why won't Link jump? Normal people can jump. I would take a small hop). I really like Wind Waker though, even the really boring sailing parts. And my best character in Brawl is Zelda, if that counts. Anyway, hopefully my non-Zelda obsession won't stop anyone from looking!

First off: This Wind Waker cake.
I can't believe how amazingly detailed it is! Can you see the little Link and Tetra/Zelda up at the top? And I love the little dragon boat down at the bottom. There's more information here if anyone is interested, although there is no mention of who made the cake, just that it is a custom made wedding cake. Can you believe it's a wedding cake? So cool.

For those of you who love game cakes as much as I do, check out this game cake site which is totally geared toward, you guessed it, game cakes. Some are an awful mess, but some are awesome masterpieces. Check it out.

Secondly: This cutting board.
There is nothing I like more than a geeky thing that is also useful. It is for sale on etsy here but at $125.00 I think I'll force my boyfriend to make me one instead. The same seller also has a really cool space invader cutting board too. I don't know if I would ever use it though, it looks too pretty. I love the dark wood used though.

Thirdly: An octorak!
This is from etsy too, you can see more pictures here. I'm not really sure what it is made out of, but I think the seller made it out of a pot! And a lot of sculpey of course. Now that is creative. And the rock is removable.

If anyone has any other Zelda related crafts they want to share, feel free to leave a message! I know there's lots of stuff out there, so share the love!

PS-If I haven't been posting much, it's because I've been wasting my time playing this stupid game. I'm a sucker for typing games, I don't know why.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what would be awesome, if you made link and zelda and ganondorf. If I had the money I'd buy them in a flash. They would be so cool. Too bad I stink at anything that involves yarn...

Geek Central Station said...

Actually, Link and Zelda were the first amigurumi dudes I made. I made them as a present for someone, but I kept them instead. (SHHH!). They are definitely on my to do list, though.

Anonymous said...

Awsome. You should really post pictures of them. You are so good at amigurumi. Keep posting!