Saturday, July 26, 2008

Whedonlicious

Uh oh, I'd better not say stuff is "-licious" or I'll sound like that annoying guy on Project Runway. Anyway! I was browsing Ravelry today and I came across a Dr. Horrible from user voxmortuum. For those of you not on Ravelry, here's some pics!

And with goggles:

I like him. Anyway, for those of you not familiar with Dr. Horrible (a.k.a. me, like two days ago) here's the website . It has Nathan Fillion and Neil Patrick Harris in it, and it's produced by Joss Whedon--how can it not be the most awesome thing ever created? Well, aside from someone finding lost Firefly episodes, because that would probably be the most awesome things ever. Anyway, check it out!

Also, if you have your own Joss Whedon crochet/knitting/whatever projects, Crochet Me is trying to get an interview with Joss Whedon after his (admittedly sarcastic) comment to Wired about creating buzz with the Crocheting Monthly crowd. So go and post any crafts there! My little dudes are already known over there, so if you have ever made your own Jayne hat, or maybe your own Buffy spike, then go contribute! Stay tuned guys, new stuff coming soon.

8 comments:

Anna said...

Dr. Horrible was the coolest thing ever. And as soon as I graduate on the 6th I plan on whipping me up a set of the cast. Joss Whedon can do no wrong, he's like Spielberg!

Anonymous said...

found your site through whedonesque.com (where you have apparently been featured, how cool is that?) anyway i think that's the cutest dr. horrible i have ever seen. ever.

and re: a hidden firefly episode, there sort of is one. if you haven't heard about it, there's one episode they never filmed (but a lot of the themes got explored in other episodes, especially the message) --- here's a link: http://www.fireflyfans.net/feature.asp?f=45
it has some interesting moments in there...enjoy!

Andrew said...

Very awesome, my friend

Vox Mortuum said...

Hey, just wanted to let you know I appreciate your comment and I've got the original up for sale here:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=13728310

Thanks for your kind words! :)

Geek Central Station said...

Hey Vox,
thanks for sharing the link! I didn't know you were on etsy, your shop is so cute!

And visualthinker11-
Thanks for your link! That's really interesting, but it kind of just makes me mad that it didn't get filmed. Grr FOX! Maybe I should act out the script with my little amigurumi dudes and put it on youtube...

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Awesome! I love it :D

Chester said...

HapiBlogging to you my friend! Have a nice day!

Anonymous said...

wow u are so amazing! i stumbled upon your blog and shop in the "Quit Your Day Job" series articles and i must tell you that i think ur amigurumi creations are superb! I love looking through them, Keep it up! =)

-mardy