Saturday, June 13, 2009

Reach for the Stars!

Alright people, listen up. It's never too early to start geekifying young children. If you wait until they are old enough to talk, it's too late. Best to start them off when they are babies. Their brains are still mushy at that age, and the brain accepts information more readily because it is porous. Trust me, I'm a brain scientist.

Anyway, here's a shining example of someone doing their part:
It's a Mario baby blanket! I like it because it's not another one of those pixelated 8 bit game projects--don't get me wrong, I think they're really cute, I'm just really tired of seeing them. I really like the black outlines around all of the shapes, too.

Oh yeah! And the best part? The pattern is available for free! To make the Mario version all you have to do is use different colors and glue on some cute little eyes (I assume, anyway, there really aren't any notes about it on Ravelry). So if you guys know any cold babies out there, start crocheting! Stay tuned!

ETA: Maybe this mobile would be a nice accessory, yeah? The Left 4 Dead one is probably too much, though. You don't want to raise a serial killer.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh. My. Geek! I am so making this in big people size! :D How insane that the pattern is free!

Jelibe said...

So cute! I love it. Those babies should be proud to have blankets made for them that look this good, lol.

Kalena said...

I love the blanket! It is definitely my next project.