Monday, March 31, 2008

Star Wars Amigurumi!

BAAAH! buh buh buh buh buh buh buh buh ....okay, that was supposed to be the Star Wars intro. Anyway, here's my latest set of little figures!

Aw, aren't they cute? That's Admiral Ackbar on the left, followed by Leia, Chewie, Han, and Yoda rounding off things in the front. Don't you just love little Yoda's ears? I am still debating whether or not I want to give him little white tufts of hair. He's so cute right now I don't really want to mess with anything.

Admiral Ackbar was really hard, too. I wanted his head to slope backwards--if you ever look at his head, you will notice how strangely shaped it is. All I remember about it is that I ripped out his head about 3 times and that he has some double crochet in the front. As to how many rows, how many stitches, I'm not sure. I'll figure it out one of these days, though.

Of course you guys want to see the little sculpey things my boyfriend made, right? Okay fine, here they are.
I can't believe how detailed the little lightsaber it! And it is so tiny! And get this--the beam of the lightsaber is removable, so Luke can wear it on his belt! (when we finish the belt...) I thought that was so cool.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know what I have been up to. I will be posting the other characters we have made really soon!

22 comments:

Jan Scholl said...

Indiana JOnes is calling! these are too cute for words. Where are my needles?

amber said...

Those are awesome! I've seen a lot of attempts at Yoda out there, and I think yours is by far the best, and cutest. Most people don't quite get the ears right.

They're all cute but I think him and Akbar are really standing out as my favourites.

Tell the boyfriend great work on the props. I think all amigurumis should carry little lightsabers regardless of whether they're from the Star Wars universe or not.

Unknown said...

Those are so cute. I'd love to make a little Yoda.

Laurah said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Your amigurumi talents are inspiring. I'm not a LOTR fan, but Star Wars is the best and your little figurines are the best!

Unspecified said...

I love them! Now I definitely want to brush up on my crochet skills.

Nirav Patel said...

You are officially my hero.

I want to try it if I can ever figure out this crocheting thing.

Kiba said...

These are fabulous! I posted about them at my blog:

http://jossisahottie.com/kibathediva/?p=46

I can't wait to see what you do with the Futurama characters!

lmilla said...

FABULOUS!!!!

(jeff)isageek said...

very kool. I like them alot

J said...

These are too cute (as are your others)! I'd love to make them if the patterns are forthcoming!

Carol Browne said...

You are a genius! They are very cute. Well done!! Love them. Especially Yoda.

Geek Central Station said...

Thanks everyone! I'm trying to work on patterns right now--hopefully I should have some up by this weekend!

Anonymous said...

My son's good friend is so into Star Wars! These are great! Can't wait for the pattern so that I can make them! Can't wait!!

Moon bunnies eat nylon said...

Hi. I am an aspiring amigurumi-ist (ok I haven't actually started on any projects or anything). I guess it wouldn't hurt to mention that I only found out about amigurumi because I saw your site on Starwars.com. I thought they were so cool, I instantly became obsessed with having to make one. So I did some research and decided that I would use your patterns, If you don't mind of course, to make some of the Valar from the Silmarillion. But then I got stumped, how on earth did you make the hair? It looks so natural on all your guys? Oh well, just wanted to let you know that you introduced me to something new and wonderful, and I thank you.

Linda said...

Sooo coool and cute !!!
I also really like Gandalf, I think I'm going to try to do one myself.

Peg Graham said...

Can I get your Yoda pattern somewhere online?

Hugs-
Peg Graham
pegstamps@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

OMG the Chewbacca! *cries from the cuteness*

Anonymous said...

where can I buy your yoda crochet pattern? It is really the best yoda I´ve seen.

Geek Central Station said...

All of these patterns are available at Geekcentralstation.etsy.com. Thanks!

Unknown said...

I'm kind of sad... I went to buy your pattern to find out how you make Yoda's robes and how to make Ackbar and it's not for sale any more :(

Sam said...

OMG i just started crocheting and i am oober obsessed with all of your little geeky things. I totally want to make a million of them. Currently i am doing dwight from the office. i love that show so much.

Nati73 said...

Hi there!!
The little ones are amazing!! I love the details of guns, shields, saberlaser, etc. I´m beggining with this stuff and I´d like to know about the materials the little objects are made with.
I´m from Argentina.
Thanks!!

Nati.