Saturday, March 22, 2008

Fair Shield Maiden...

Alright, as promised, shield maiden of the year, Eowyn!
Yeah I know, poor Eowyn doesn't have a really cool costume like the guys (although I guess we could have made her when she was in disguise at the battle of Pelennor Fields) but I thought this costume was the most iconic for her character. Out of all of the dudes we made, though, she does have the most costume changes, so it might be cool to make some different outfits for her...

Anyway, this dress is pretty simple. The white felt is on the bottom, with painted gold, and then her little burgundy vest over that. I don't know if you can see it in the picture, but her sleeves have little braided ties on them.

I'm not 100% happy with her hair color, but our Hobby Lobby for some reason didn't have anything that I liked better.

Star Wars news: I am working on the new Star Wars set of people, and let me tell you, I am not really feeling them. The boy made AWESOME AWESOME blasters and lightsabers, but the clothes are so plain that I'm not sure they pop in the same way. The classic Leia outfit is just a piece of white felt with a belt on it! Maybe I'm just being too critical--I'll post some pictures next week, and if anyone is out there, maybe I can get some opinions on this.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

she is so cute!

loretta said...

how do i order a cute Witch King of Angmar?
he would be a great gift for my husband to be

Anonymous said...

i made a little Eowyn but she came out all dumpy and her dress looks too much like a ball gown.

Yours is so much better!

Arodlim said...

I swear, out of all the amigurumi's you've ever done, Eowyn is probably my favourite. And considering the fact that I've seen your Link and Zelda, that's saying a lot.

Annelyn said...

You should make an Arwen. I'm going to attempt it myself, but I'd like to see how you would do it. I'm not even that sure how to make the dress.

Anonymous said...

Arwen? Galadriel? Where are they?

Anonymous said...

Please please please make Arwen and Galadriel I really want to make them but havent found any patterns