Sunday, March 16, 2008

Here comes Gandalf!

Put on your robe and wizard hat, because here comes Gandalf!


Isn't he adorable? No, he won't do any pointy hat tricks, but I still think he's pretty cool. His body is totally crocheted, and his clothes are made out of felt. I love the little details on him--his staff is made out of sculpey, and his pipe fits inside! You can see it if you squint. He also has his little tobacco pouch too, because you never want a wizard to be caught off guard.

I know the colors might seem a bit off (like his belt and satchel) but those are the real colors he wears. The "Lord of the Rings" movies use a blue tint for everything, so it is hard to choose which colors to go with--the colors from exhibits and pre-edited movie stills, or the actual colors that are in the movie. Of course I went with pre footage, and now I kinda wish I didn't, but oh well.


Sorry Gandalf, no Lorien cloak for you. More Fellowship members to come soon, be on the lookout!

2 comments:

lmilla said...

I found your blog via the Craft blog through Craftster... and I LOVE your LOTR amigurumi! I recently got into amigurumi myself, but I have in NO way done anything so fabulous. Great job! And I can't believe you're selling them on Etsy! Have you gotten much of a response there? How many of each guy have you made so far?

Rachel said...

Your Gandalf is amazing -- I love him!!! We have featured him and the rest of the Fellowship crew on Book Riot this week in a post about literary amigurumi: http://bookriot.com/2013/03/11/9-itty-bitty-literary-crafts/