Saturday, June 14, 2008

An elegant crochet hook for a more civilized age

Any hookers out there? (Hey now! You know the ones I mean. You sure do have a dirty mind!) I was wandering through the bowels of etsy and I found something that is really cool. Take a look at these:


They are crochet hook lightsabers! How awesome is that?! Etsy user Craftynara sells them in her shop for about $10-15. I'm not sure how comfortable they would be to handle, but they look really super cool.

And for you knitters out there:
You guys must be evil, because you have the red lightsabers.

Anyway, Eomer is like 90% done, so hopefully I will be able to post pictures of him later today. Not too much else going on here, we're making a couple of custom orders but that's about it. I'm trying to work on Batman, so if I can get him even semi-finished I will try and take pictures. I'm not sure if I can make him a Bruce Wayne/Batman figure (kind of like how my Superman was able to change into Clark Kent) , but I'm going to try. Batman does have more gadgets, though, so it might be a little difficult.

Okay, enough rambling! Stay tuned, and have a great weekend everybody! Happy Father's day!

6 comments:

Home Hooked said...

I love those crochet hooks! What a great idea!

Cody said...

I'm not really into light sabers, but I do think they're pretty awesome. I never put much thought into customizing hooks and needles before.

Unknown said...

Haha! I'm not a Star Wars fan, but this is such a brilliant idea. I never even considered customised needles and hooks.

Anonymous said...

I love these! What a cute idea. :) Thanks for the link!

Disembodied_Toast said...

the crochet hooks arent on her page. did you get the knitting needles from that site too?

Geek Central Station said...

Yeah, they were on that site but it looks like they are gone now. I'm sure if you contact the seller directly she might be able to make some custom items, if you like.